Ethan was born at 37 weeks 2 days. I expected him early, but not this early. I also was expecting a girl, so he really surprised me. It was pretty cool to not find out the sex until birth. Ryan said he had to first overcome his shock when he saw it was a boy before he was able to call it out. It has been fun to go shopping for new clothes, I have 4 totes full of clothes though that won't be reused yet. Ethan had some breathing complications right away- he was grunting and breathing fast. So they took him to the special care nursery and we were not able to even have him come to my room. It was so hard. After 2-3 days of tests and x-rays and a bunch of scares and mishaps they diagnosed him with pneumonia. That meant he had to stay in the hospital for 7 days to get IV antibiotics. I was not happy to have to leave the hospital without him. Luckily we had the best babysitters for Audrey that I was able to spend a lot of time in the hospital with Ethan. He finally came home Friday and has been a pretty easy baby so far. Audrey hasn't been acting out too much yet either. I'm sure that will change though. He looks just like Audrey did when she was born, except he has very dark brown hair. I'm curious to see if they look the same as they grow up.
Now we have a long list of things we need to finish that we were suppose to finish BEFORE he was born- this always seems to happen with me giving birth. I need to be done with my baby list a couple months before I am due I guess.
2 comments:
congrats emily, he is Adorable!
Congrats Emily He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him next month in Syracuse Hope
Post a Comment